This is a kernel I’ve made for the T999 to learn more about kernels and also to enable some features that I wanted. I built it on top of Romanbb’s Adama 003 kernel, so please go thank him there.
My philosophy is to build a stable kernel that is tuned for real-world performance and not benchmarks. I have been running this kernel for a while now with great success, but as usual I can’t be responsible for anything that happens to your device.
New in R3
- SIO scheduler
- Patched from 3.0.36 to 3.0.40
- Insecure adbd binary (adb remount command now works)
- Default scripts now executed before init.d scripts
- init.d support
- OC to 1.89Ghz
- L2 Overclock
- Add smartassv2, interactive, and conservative governors
- BFQ, SIO schedulers
- Patched to 3.0.40
- TCP proportional rate reduction
- ARM topology support
- Enable RCU_BOOST
- IPv6 privacy support
- NTFS/TUN module support
- thermald tweaks
- Samsung’s proprietary exFAT modules will not work with this kernel. Make sure your SD card is FAT32 or EXT4.
- Please don’t flash this if you don’t know exactly what you’re doing as I’m too lazy to include n00b instructions.
- You should already be rooted and have busybox installed into /system/xbin before flashing this kernel. As always, wipe all caches after flashing.
Thanks to Romanbb for the initial kernel including OC/UV/OC hacks.